Continuous Motion Dance Academy Policies
Tuition payment is accepted by credit card, cash, or check. Credit cards are charged automatically and will be processed approximately the 4th of each month. We do accept all major credit cards (excluding American Express). There is a 2.89% processing fee. If your payment is declined, your account must be current by the 10th of the month. An automatic late fee will be charged of $25.00 and your enrollment in classes may be cancelled. Tuition must be current to participate in studio classes, private lessons, performances and activities.
No refunds or credits will be granted for lessons missed or dropped. All payments are non-refundable and nonexchangable including but not limited to: concert tickets, tuition, costumes etc.
There is a $35 registration fee per student from September-May. A registration fee will be charged to your account if student drops and re-enrolls in the same year. There is a separate registration fee for the summer session.
CREDIT CARDS/CONVENIENCE FEE
Credit cards are charged automatically and will be processed approximately the 4th of each month. We do accept all major credit cards (excluding American Express). There is a 2.89% processing fee.
No financial adjustments will be given for missed lessons. Make-up classes will be available and must be used within 30 days from the day classes are missed. You must be currently enrolled in the studio and current with all fees and tuition before make-ups will be granted. Each registered student will only be eligible for a maximum of 4 make-ups per month regardless of the number of missed classes. No make-up will be issued for competition team rehearsals. You must email CMDA for an approval before attending the make-up class.
SAVE THE DATE!!!
Annual concert featuring performances from all of the dance classes and competition teams. This is scheduled for Sunday, May 19, 2019 at Moss Theater @ New Roads School in West LA.
3131 Olympic Blvd I Santa Monica 90404. PLEASE RESERVE THE ENTIRE DAY! Exact times for tech rehearsal and show are TBA.
This is the time to show parents, relatives and friends the progress your dancer has made! Participation in the concert is mandatory unless excused by the studio directors. The concert fee is $50 per class for costume fee and $20 for a recital T-Shirt. Unless your dancer has been excused. First non-refundable deposit of 50% of your total will be added to your account on February 1, 2019. 2nd payment will be added on March 1, 2019 . Each family is obligated to purchase 4 tickets - regardless if the seats are used ($20.00 - $25.00 each depending on date of purchase).
ALL CMDA STAFF AND GUEST TEACHERS CAN DISMISS A DANCER FROM CLASS IF THEY ARE NOT ADHERING TO THE PROPER DRESS CODE! DANCERS COME PREPARED FOR EACH CLASS!
- Girls- Pink ballet shoes (canvas preferred), Proper ballet clothes including leotard, tights, or a ballet skirt. HAIR MUST BE IN A NEAT TIGHT BUN. Black dance shorts is OK!
- Boys- black ballet shoes for men, fitted shirt.
- Girls- Black "Bloch slip on jazz shoe" #S0470. Any color tops ( crop, tank, fitted shirt, sports bra) and bottoms (dance shirts, leggings, jazz pants.) NO BAGGY CLOTHES ! Hair must be pulled up.
- Boys- Black "Bloch Super Jazz Split Sole Shoe" #S0401, fitted shirt or tank top and shorts or tights .
- Girls- Bare foot, half soles, or lyrical shoes. Any color tops ( crop, tank, fitted shirt, sports bra) and bottoms (dance shirts, leggings, jazz pants).
- Boys- Bare foot, half soles, or lyrical shoes. Any color tops and bottoms .
- Any clothes you can move in and tennis shoes.
- Any clothing you can move in and black leather tap shoes with tie up laces.
- Form fitting clothing and barefoot
STUDIO CLOSED DATES
- Monday, September 3, 2018- Labor Day
- Monday, September 10, 2018- Rosh Hashanah
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018- Yom Kippur
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - Halloween
- Monday, November 12, 2018 - Veterans Day (observed)
- Sunday, November 18, 2018 - Sunday, November 24, 2018 - Thanksgiving Break
*Classes resume on Monday, November 25, 2018
- Sunday, December 23, 2018 - Sunday, January 6, 2019 - Winter Break
*Classes resume on Monday, January 7, 2019
- Monday, January 21, 2019 - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, February 18, 2019 - Presidents' Day
- Monday, April 1, 2019- Cesar Chavez
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 - Sunday, April 21, 2019 - Spring Break
*Classes resume on Monday, April 22, 2019
- Monday, May 27, 2019 - Memorial Day Weekend
*Last day of classes Friday, May 31, 2019*
- NO FOOD OR STICKY DRINKS ALLOWED IN ANY STUDIO. Bottled water only! Lets keep our dance space clean!
- Please be courtesy to all dance classes. Enter the space quietly and refrain from entering the dance floor while it is being occupied.
- PLACE ALL BELONGINGS IN THE CUBBIES! It is a safety hazard for everyone!
- Cell phones are NOT allowed in class unless instructed by CMDA staff to use for recording/photography purposes. Cell phones must be kept in a bag and put on silent.
- CMDA staff is not responsible for any dancers arriving earlier than 10 mins before class.
- Arrange prompt transportation to and from class.
- Do not arrive any later than 15 mins after a class has begun.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
PUBLICITY PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
Dancers of Continuous Motion Dance Academy automatically grant permission to Continuous Motion Dance Academy to use their image in photos and videos for advertising and publicity purposes, inclusive of print advertising, educational videos, television, video taping, new media, social media or film broadcast in connection with promotional campaigns. All individual photography/filming at CMDA classes and/or events must have approval from CMDA and the instructor, If using social media to post you are required to give photo credit by tagging #cmdala, @cmdadancela, and @ the Instructors name. These promotional materials may be advertised on social media including but not limited too Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL CONSENT
In an emergency, Continuous Motion LLC has permission to obtain medical treatment for my child in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian, including routine tests, X-rays, hospitalization, injections, anesthesia or surgery.
WAIVER AND RELEASE LIABILITY
CONTINUOUS MOTION LLC "CONTINUOUS MOTION DANCE ACADEMY" WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK. WARNING: READ CAREFULLY.
In consideration of the student being permitted to participate in CMDA dance activities, we, the parents or legal guardians of the dancer, on our own behalf and on behalf of the dancer (hereinafter "Releaser's"), hereby acknowledge and agree that we understand and fully appreciate the risk of injury involved to the dancer in participating in dance activities. This may involve risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis, death; loss or damage to property; accidents, illness, contact or collision with others; equipment failure, and other presently unknown risks and dangers ("Risks"). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my child(ren)'s own actions or inactions, risks and dangers with use of equipment, and/or the actions or inactions of others. I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses
which my child(ren) incur(s) as a result of her/his/their participation in CMDA Activities.
The Releaser's nevertheless hereby release, waive, and discharge Continuous Motion LLC, its officers, employees, agents, counselors, representatives, and premises owners and operators where dance activities take place (hereinafter "Releases") from all liability to the Releaser's for any loss or damage, and any claims or demands on account of injury to the student caused in any way by the negligence of the Releases or otherwise while the dancer is participating in any way in any of CMDA dance activities.
The Releaser's hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releases, and each of them, for any loss, liability, damage, or costs and expenses including attorney fees they incur due to the dancer's participation. It is the express intention of the Releaser's to exempt and relieve the releases from any liability for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death caused by the Release's own negligence related in any way to the participation of the dancer in CMDA activities.
I agree to be familiar with, and responsible for my child(ren) abiding by, the rules, policies and procedures of CMDA. I accept responsibility for my child(ren)'s own conduct and actions while participating in CMDA Activities, and the condition and adequacy of my child(ren)'s equipmenI hereby warrant that I have read this Waiver carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I am giving up substantial legal rights by signing this Waiver, acknowledge that I have signed this Waiver freely and voluntarily, without inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Waiver. This Waiver onstitutes the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Waiver. If any provision of this Waiver is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.